Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Patching holes and leveling floors...in blue slippers?

Another big undertaking this past weekend was addressing the "high spot" in the living room floor. We ended up pulling up a board, finding the issuing and fixing everything like new. In the process we lowered a couple posts in the basement and strengthened the supports under the bedroom hall way.

Part of the problem was the nails in these brackets had popped up.

The other main problem was the floor was jacked up way too high.

A little extra support never hurt...


I patched the old cold air returns in the floor too....they're ready for paint now!

While we were doing this Jen (dressed in stylish blue furry slippers) scrubbed the kitchen and dining room ceilings and the dining walls! Smells much nicer now....I can't believe the nasty water she made.



My dad was snowed in so he patched drywall and caulked on monday! THANKS DAD.


That was one nasty hole....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I have ever seen you work! Bravo......
House looks good, will stop down sometime b/4 I croak....
Unka Pat