Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Major Kitchen Progress


(Chilly Sunset)

I had some incredible help this weekend from my dad and Jen and we got a lot of stuff done.

First, my dad worked all friday while I was at work finishing all the trim in the kitchen and all the little stuff that takes soo long.


Then we put the windows and door to the sun room in. The windows will be shut in the winter to keep the heat in the house and we can swing them open in the spring so we have an extra bar area (we used little slide bolts to secure them). Same with the door....recognize it? It's the old bedroom door. We also built some boxes and channels to hide the wiring int he ceiling and installed the track lighting above the island.


Next we laid down plywood in the kitchen as the subfloor for the tile. It levels things out and adds some strength while covering any major holes. Jen was an awesome help and nailed most of the floor down. Check out the video, she can really swing a hammer.



Finally we got the hardwood floor put down in the dining room. It's a mix of 5 different colors of wood. I think it turned out pretty sweet. What do you think? (I'm having computer trouble so the rest of the pics will come tomorrow)

(Before)
(During)


(The last two pics are the transition areas to the living room. Eventually we'll put hardwood in there but this year I'm just gonna paint it.)

Monday night I got the kitchen sink all hooked up with the new garbage disposal. We're really moving now....time for tile and some paint/varnish. (Pictures to come...)

No comments: